Just set-up an AP330.... oh dear

Hi All,
Looking to upgrade our Wi-Fi to version 6 seeing as I can no longer purchase my beloved AP325 devices, I've been shunted onto AP330 by WG and these are missing so many features, like load balancing for starters. Is anybody else braving the move to WiFi 6 with WG or are you going to look at a different vendor?

Comments

• Hey @stuart_seed,

This is a rather sensitive topic.

I went with Juniper.

Also have a box full of AP-325's & 420's if you need some.

https://community.watchguard.com/watchguard-community/discussion/2569/wifi-6-migration#latest

It's usually something simple.

• Thanks @shaazaminator I see the EOL for AP325 is December 2026 so I might take you up on that offer.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@stuart_seed @shaazaminator It's not particularly sensitive -- feedback is important.

The specific thread you linked to was mostly from before the current WiFi 6 products were added to the lineup.

The overwhelming feedback WatchGuard got from the previous generations of APs was that
    -The management interface was too complicated.
    -Partners wanted management of the APs to be in the same system as other cloud managed products (in what ended up becoming WatchGuard Cloud.)

If you have any features you're looking for that are missing, I'd strongly suggest opening a support case to get a feature request.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.