Options

Is my Firebox blocking in/out flow of traffic

I have a T-80, pretty new. ISP is comcast, new swtiches, cables. About 6hrs of the day traffic grounds to a halt. 3 folks working from home get disconnected. All downloads/uploads go from decent to non existent. We run a radio reading service for the blind/visually impaired and the last few months our broadcast has suffered.
4 visits from Comcast, they can't see anything.

I can run a speed test when I connect directly to the modem. Can not run a speed test behind the firewall @ any time.

Any feedback/setting/policy I should be looking for that may give me a clue if my issue is with my settings or with comcast. Appreciate any help.
Many thanks
Dave

Comments

• Options

So many possibilities....

What is your supposed Comcast down/up speed?

Are you using HTTP & HTTPS proxies in your config?

Have you looked at Traffic Monitor during the time of problems?

What speed test site are you using?
    For example:
    . Comcast speed test uses TCP port 6020 or 6021, which may not be being allowed by your firewall policies.
    . Ookla speedtest.net uses TCP port 8080.

There are tools to look at your bandwidth usage during the day:
    . Web UI -> Interfaces
    . WatchGuard System Manager (WSM) -> Firebox System Manager (FSM) -> Bandwidth Meter
    . FSM Service Watch will show the bandwidth being used by each of your policies

Perhaps there are speed/duplex issues on 1 or more of your firewall interface connections.
    Look at FSM -> Status Report -> Interfaces section, and look for errors or collisions on your in use interfaces. Normally they should be 0.

• Options

Also, if you have a current support contract on your firewall, you can create a support incident and get WG help at looking at your firewall and hopefully resolving this.
    Select the Support Center link at the top. Log in. Select Create New Case.

Sign In to comment.