Options

Dimensions: DXCP Socket error after migration to new firebox

Hi all.
As the title announces, we replaced the firebox with a new modell. Migration works fine, exept the dimensions connection.
The Dimension-Server is in the same LAN as the firebox - so it's not behind NAT.
In Diemnsions I can see the new firebox, but the firebox Web-UI says "Dimension: not connected" and Traffic-Watch shows "dxcp socket error".
So there is a problem with the certificates, right?
Any suggestions what I have to do here?

Thanks & regards

Comments

• Options

@medical said:
    Hi all.
    As the title announces, we replaced the firebox with a new modell. Migration works fine, exept the dimensions connection.
    The Dimension-Server is in the same LAN as the firebox - so it's not behind NAT.
    In Diemnsions I can see the new firebox, but the firebox Web-UI says "Dimension: not connected" and Traffic-Watch shows "dxcp socket error".
    So there is a problem with the certificates, right?
    Any suggestions what I have to do here?

Thanks & regards

Is the new box allowed to send logs to the dimension?

• Options
    edited September 2022

Yes. License active. Policy was migrated too. Dimensions IP is configured as logging server.

• Options

Yes, but is the Dimension setup to not allow new boxes to log data automaticly?

• Options
    edited September 2022

Yes it is.

• Options

Try reboot the box

• Options

Already done. The "dxcp socket error" seems to be a problem with the certificates. But - as before on the previous firebox - I added the same Third-Party-Wildcard-Certificate (Webserver-Certificat). So its the same on dimensions and the firebox. Thats why I have no idea, why the socket error occurs and the firebox-WebUI says "not connected".
    I will reboot the firebox tonight again - now it is not possible.

• Options

Solved. I had to download the WDG-File AND the crtificate from Dimensions again and import both in the firebox WebUI /System-->Managed Device).

• Options

We also encountered the same problem with Dimension and a Boxe M390 after reinstalling the Dimension server. We imported the .wgd file as well as the certificate from the firebox/System/Managed Device but we continued to have the problem. We noticed that in the firebox certificate store that the certificate from the old installation was still present but not the new one that we thought had been imported during the previous step. From the certificate store we imported the certificate and this fixed the problem between Dimension and the firebox.

Sign In to comment.