Dimensions: DXCP Socket error after migration to new firebox

Hi all.
As the title announces, we replaced the firebox with a new modell. Migration works fine, exept the dimensions connection.
The Dimension-Server is in the same LAN as the firebox - so it's not behind NAT.
In Diemnsions I can see the new firebox, but the firebox Web-UI says "Dimension: not connected" and Traffic-Watch shows "dxcp socket error".
So there is a problem with the certificates, right?
Any suggestions what I have to do here?

Thanks & regards

Comments

• @medical said:
    Hi all.
    As the title announces, we replaced the firebox with a new modell. Migration works fine, exept the dimensions connection.
    The Dimension-Server is in the same LAN as the firebox - so it's not behind NAT.
    In Diemnsions I can see the new firebox, but the firebox Web-UI says "Dimension: not connected" and Traffic-Watch shows "dxcp socket error".
    So there is a problem with the certificates, right?
    Any suggestions what I have to do here?

Thanks & regards

Is the new box allowed to send logs to the dimension?

• edited September 2022

Yes. License active. Policy was migrated too. Dimensions IP is configured as logging server.

• Yes, but is the Dimension setup to not allow new boxes to log data automaticly?

• edited September 2022

Yes it is.

• Try reboot the box

• Already done. The "dxcp socket error" seems to be a problem with the certificates. But - as before on the previous firebox - I added the same Third-Party-Wildcard-Certificate (Webserver-Certificat). So its the same on dimensions and the firebox. Thats why I have no idea, why the socket error occurs and the firebox-WebUI says "not connected".
    I will reboot the firebox tonight again - now it is not possible.

• Solved. I had to download the WDG-File AND the crtificate from Dimensions again and import both in the firebox WebUI /System-->Managed Device).

Sign In to comment.