Options

Is it possible to setup a bridge between to remote offices ?

Hope someone can help....

We have a 2 x Firebox M290's located at two different remote sites. Both sites have 1gb leased line internet. I need to link three different networks on different subnets between both sites.

The PC network is fine and connects using Branch VPN. The other two networks are linux based and apparently don't use IP addresses, only MAC addressing. I have never heard of this before. One of the networks is the SIP phone system with a SIP phone server. The other is a Linux network for dummy terminals.

The company that handles these networks are not being at all helpful and have told us that we need to create a bridge between the 2 sites.

That way when I take the working phone from site A and plug it into Site B it will talk back to the phone server at site A and register. Somehow, possibly through the Branch VPN.

Is this possible ?

The only other option is to install a point-to-point network connection with BT linking the 2 sites over there exchanges but at great monthly costs. This is what the Linux company has suggested. However I get the impression they are using old school tech.

Your thoughts community would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

None of our VPN options work on specifically MAC addresses -- all require there be an IP route. I'm not aware of a firewall based solution that will do this for you from any vendor.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.