Options

Multiple VLANs over VPN?

I'm currently planning a two site installation at one of my customers. I would like to have multiple VLANs and both sites will need to access the different VLANs over a VPN tunnel. Might be one T35 at each site. How would I best configure this? And Is this the right way to accomplish what I want?

Comments

• Options

For a standard BOVPN, you specify the subnets at 1 end that need to connect the subnets at the other end. You add these on a BOVPN Tunnel entry.
    It makes no difference that the subnets are for a VLAN or not.

For a virtual interface BOVPN, you add routes for the subnets at the other end. You add these on the VPN Routes tab.
    And again, it makes no difference that the subnets are for a VLAN or not.

• Options

@Bruce_Briggs said:
    For a standard BOVPN, you specify the subnets at 1 end that need to connect the subnets at the other end. You add these on a BOVPN Tunnel entry.
    It makes no difference that the subnets are for a VLAN or not.

For a virtual interface BOVPN, you add routes for the subnets at the other end. You add these on the VPN Routes tab.
    And again, it makes no difference that the subnets are for a VLAN or not.

Thanks! This seems to be quite straight forward. Is there any performance considerations when choosing FW models? The Internet connection is 200Mbit on both sites today.

• Options

The T35 is no longer being sold.
    The recommended replacement models are T40 or T80.

This compares the T35 with the T40 & T80
    https://www.watchguard.com/wgrd-products/appliances-compare?pid1=17846&pid2=42056&pid3=42061

Sign In to comment.