I setup Authpoint, but no push notification. SSL VPN

edited December 2021 in AuthPoint - General

Hi, I setup Authpoint for MFA for SSL VPN. I read and watching a few YouTube videos and shamefully still a little confused. This seems to be the best video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3BliYJNeXQ . I am not using LDAP. I just need users to use the VPN application to log in. To confirm, from the cloud settings "Resources", the RADIUS client trusted IP is the internal firebox IP? From the firebox >Authentication>servers>radius, the RADIUS Server is the IP of the gateway client machine? If so then I have those settings correct. I did prefix my vpn client login with "radius/userid” and I get the login and SSL connects, authenticates and then stops at 'Push_Request' (status=1). I get nothing from the Authpoint application. I refreshed for push notifications and I never get one. The user token was successfully added along with a password, in cloud portal. I am stuck at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Phobus
    To see what's going wrong here, we'd likely need to see the logs from the firewall as that is what will be making the connection.

There's no need to use RADIUS for the SSLVPN as there's a direct connector to authpoint via the system now.

Do you see any error lines in the traffic monitor of your firewall when you attempt to authenticate and fail?

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• edited December 2021

Hi James, Thanks for the reply. I do see a SSLVPN Auth Failed, but then the push =1 right after. If a more direct means of using Authpoint with SSLVPN, and not needing to use radius, I would love to go that route. Where can I find that info on the direct connector via authpoint? Thanks

• edited December 2021

@james.carson This is why I bypassed these instructions. My firebox has total security package and it is added to watchguard clould, but when I go to add it as a resource, I get "no fireboxes available"

Hi @Phobus
    It's very likely that you have more than one account, and the firewall isn't registered to the account you're logging into.

I'd suggest opening a support case using the support center link in the top right corner of this page so that we can see why you can't manage the firewall. Please be sure to include what account you're logging into, and the serial number of the firewall that's not showing up.

If you've already done this, if you can please reply with the case number, so I can make sure it's with the correct team.

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.