Token keeps getting deleted

edited December 2021 in AuthPoint - General

Hello, has anyone encountered AuthPoint token repeatedly getting deleted? A particular user has had their only token go missing every couple of days or so, and needs a new token reissued every time it occurs.

This issue is only happening to one particular user, and they do not have any 3rd party apps that does "cleaning" that would cause this issue.

Also, are there any other MFA apps that could register AuthPoint tokens, so we could possibly narrow down the issue?

Device Model: iPhone11,2
Device OS: IOS
OS Version: 15.0.2
AuthPoint App Version: 1.16.1
Manufacturer: Apple
Rooted / Jailbroken: No
Emulator: No
Malicious Software Installed: No
Push Allowed: Yes
Camera Allowed: Yes
Phone Protected with PIN or Pattern: Yes

Comments

• Authpoint tokens can only be activated on AuthPoint. You could technically try getting a set of hardware tokens tho and see if those unassign themselves...

That said, have you tried fully deleting the user and then resending an invite from scratch that way? If that doesn't work I'd try activating the MFA on another phone (like my own) for a little while to see if my phone deletes the token still, as that could tell is if the issue is with phone or AuthPoint handling software tokens on the user.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hello @ahmadfadil
    If you're running into this issue, please open a support case using the support center link on the top right of the page. Support can help collect more data and see what might be causing this issue.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.