Options

Authpoint Integration with G-Suite (idp Portal)

Hello all,
I have been trying to integrate G-Suite (SAML S-S0) with Authpoint and even though I have followed all necessary instructions I tun into the following google message
"The required response parameter RelayState was missing."
On google documentation I found this
"The SAML 2.0 specification requires that Identity Providers retrieve and send back a RelayState URL parameter from Resource Providers (such as Google Workspace). Google Workspace provides this value to the Identity Provider in the SAML Request, and the exact contents can differ in every login. For authentication to complete successfully, the exact RelayState must be returned in the SAML Response. According to the SAML standard specification, your Identity Provider should not modify the RelayState during the login flow.

Diagnose this issue further by capturing HTTP headers during a login attempt. Extract the RelayState from the HTTP headers with both the SAML Request and Response, and make sure that the RelayState values in the Request and Response match.
Most commercially-available or open-source SSO Identity Providers transmit the RelayState seamlessly by default. For optimum security and reliability, we recommend that you use one of these existing solutions and cannot offer support for your own custom SSO software."

any suggestions ?

Thank you in advance

Vassilis

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Vassilis_Nikolaou
    If you're using the gsuite integration (vice generic/other) relaystate should be sent as part of the process.

If you haven't done so, I'd suggest a support case so we can look at your account and the data being transmitted to google, to ensure that noting is amiss.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.