SSID Scheduling

Is there a way in WiFi Cloud to set different scheduling profiles for specific SSID's?

I have a Guest Network whose policies are only active M-F 8 am to 6 pm. This of course is configured in the Firebox Policy Manager, but this method still allows the broadcasting and the ability to connect to the Guest SSID. You just don't go anywhere.
At times this network needs to be available on weekends or extended hours, so I have different schedules configured for these scenarios inside Policy Manager.

It would be much simpler to disable the Guest SSID entirely in WiFi Cloud than edit individual policies in FPM.

Thoughts?

• Doug

It's usually something simple.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @shaazaminator

SSIDs can be scheduled in the cloud. Please see the article here for more information:

(SSID Scheduling)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Wi-Fi-Cloud/manage_wirelessmanager/configuration/wifi_access/ssid_scheduling.html

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Thanks for the help James, but I don't think I made myself very clear.

I see where one can create SSID schedules in the Cloud.
    What I am looking for is the ability to create a schedule and save it as a profile, similar to the scheduling option in FPM. This way one can have a policy for normal hours, one for extended evenings, one for weekends, one for holidays etc...
    Then to change the schedule one just chooses a saved policy and applies it.

Maybe this should be a feature request instead?

• Doug

Something with varying schedules would require a new feature request. I'll ask the product managers and see if we can get a request for this.

-James Carson

edited August 2021

Hi @shaazaminator

I just checked in WiFi cloud, and you can make multiple WiFi profiles with the same SSID and different schedules.

(For example, I made a few like "normal weekday, holiday weekend, and normal weekend" with different schedules. You can flip them on and off as needed -- just the system will alert you that your profiles have duplicate SSIDs. (Just click OK to it, and you can continue.))

-James Carson

• Ok James, I see what you are doing now.

WiFi Cloud > Discover > Configure > SSID
    From here you are creating a new SSID (or copying an existing one which would be easier) and then creating a schedule inside that SSID.
    This way you can have multiple versions of the same SSID and toggle them on or off depending upon which schedule you want.

Clever :-)

• Doug

Sign In to comment.