Options

Best way to connect to watchguard?

Below is how our network is configured. I have setup the watchguard in bridge mode but I'm unsure how to connect to it once it's in place as it sits after our .1 switch.

https://i.postimg.cc/DZsHkmpd/network.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021

Consider drop-in mode instead.
    Then you access the firewall via its external/trusted IP addr.

What are your goals for the use of the firewall?

• Options

I want to use the watchguard to monitor all traffic in and out. I want it to pickup such things as nmap scanning within the network and also from the outside. I want to be able to access the watchguard internally and also have it send me email alerts if something happens.

I have installed the watchguard into the network and if I connect my laptop with a static IP to the optional port I can access the watchguard.

What subscription would I require to pickup network attacks? IPS?

Thanks,

• Options

Network attacks are part of the standard firewall features - no additional license options needed.

You can purchase specific additional licenses, such as IPS, or there are security 2 bundles:
    . Basic Security Suite
    . Total Security Suite
    See this for details on both:
    https://p.widencdn.net/vm1roi/Brochure_Total_Security

• Options
    Note the firewall won’t email you alerts unless you use Dimension or Cloud Visibility.

Drop-in mode is usually suggested by WG otherwise you lose a lot of settings.
  • Options

"unless you use Dimension or Cloud Visibility" or the old but still working WSM Log & Report servers

• Options

@Bruce_Briggs said:
    "unless you use Dimension or Cloud Visibility" or the old but still working WSM Log & Report servers

Fair. I mainly mention the cloud visibility and dimension reporting since those are still supported and covered in the Cert exam so there’s more current resources on them.

I use a management server but without the reporting functionality.

• Options

As do I.

Sign In to comment.