re-install vpn client on Windows

Hi, we have one user having problems logging in through vpn client (12.5.3 on Windows 10). He got instant error "couldn't read configuration", while he can log in normally on other computers. Normal re-install through control panel doesn't help. Is there a way to fully de-install client, using probably deleting registry hives ?

Comments

• Thank you for info. Client was re-installed, but user still cannot connect. Logs says:
    Requesting client configuration from vpnportal.domain.com :443
    FAILED:Cannot connect to internet 12005
    failed to get domain name

Internet is working ok.
    I can log in to his computer and connect to vpn without problem. So, something wrong with user profie ?

• The User ID & password are case sensitive.
    Could that be the issue?

If the user can access SSLVPN on some other computer, then it is not a user account issue.
    You can verify that the user ID is a member of the SSLVPN-Users group

• No. Password is 100% correct. Just goes this error, "Cannot connect to internet 12005/failed to get domain name". I checked a lot of things on the computer, including firewall, system logs, network adapters etc. Everything seems to be ok.

• Time for a support incident.
    Should you find the resolution, please post it.

• I had the same problem: "FAILED: Cannot connect to internet 12005".
    I am crazy to find the solution, but I finally solved it.
    The Server IP address was not written correctly, they were four numbers separated by spaces and not by dots.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@indrek
    You should be able to take that address
    https://example.com:443
    and go to it. Do you land on a watchguard log on page if you go there?

The error is suggesting we can't resolve the domain name, meaning whatever DNS server we're querying isn't resolving that address.

Ensure that the primary IP/FQDN in the SSLVPN is correct, becuase this is where the SSLVPN gets that domain from.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• I have a similar problem.

by typing in the IP address also obtains the message

Requesting client configuration from ... :443
    FAILED:Cannot connect to internet 12005
    failed to get domain name

has anyone solved this problem

• What do you see in your firewall logs/Traffic Monitor when this happens?

Have you reviewed the troubleshooting steps doc listed above?

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @JUSZYN
    The error you're seeing suggests that the VPN client can't get to the internet at all.

If you open a web browser and put "https://" in front of whatever is in the address bar in your VPN client, can you get to anything/anywhere on that PC?

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Do you have a software firewall on that PC which is blocking access to the Internet from the WG SSLVPN client?

Sign In to comment.