DLP

Hi,

Does anybode know why Watchguard has set DLP to be absolute?

/Robert

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @RVilhelmsen
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. Can you please explain a bit further?

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• edited April 2021
    @James_Carson

I see DLP is not a option anymore for the new devices, T20/T40 and newer units.
    I Guess IT is being discontinued?
  • "DLP is not supported for Firebox T20, T40, T80, M4800, and M5800 models."

About Data Loss Prevention
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/services/dlp/dlp_about_c.html

• Exactly. Maybe it was not a service which was used by many customers?

• Yes - that is what I recall was stated for the T20/T40/T80 beta - that DLP was not used much if at all on the low end table top models, and DLP consumes a fair amount of memory & CPU.

• Brendan_PattersonBrendan_Patterson WatchGuard Representative
    edited April 2021

Here is some further update on the DLP service, adding to what Bruce has stated above:

• DLP has not been included on our newest appliances – Firebox T20/T40/T80 and even the higher end M4800/M5800, and it will not be included on new products in the future.
    • Customers reported that our DLP solution was too limited and it had low adoption rates in our install base. Our OEM would not commit to a roadmap to make improvements that we had requested.
    • A formal announcement about future of the DLP service will go out shortly. We will continue to support current customers for 3 years beyond July 2021 with bug fixes, but we will not invest in new enhancements in the service.

Regards,

Brendan Patterson
    VP Product Management
    WatchGuard Technologies

Sign In to comment.