Trade-up Mistake

I ordered a T20 from Amazon for a client. Inadvertently, I ordered a trade-up model. When I try to activate it, I receive a message that this is a trade up license and it won't let me activate it. Is there a way to pay extra for a non trade-up license, so I don't have to return and reship the hardware? Thanks for the help!

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

I believe that you'll need to return it, but customer care (whom handles all of our licensing questions and issues) would be the best team to ask.

There's two ways to contact them.

-Call 877.232.3531 and select customer care as the option from the phone tree.

-or-

-Click this link: https://watchguard.force.com/customers/WGCreateNewCase#t=#t=All&rt=Customer Care
    -For record type, choose customer care. The case will route to that team.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

In addition to the above, the trade up system is only as smart as the spreadsheet it's following. If you have any other firewalls (competitor or just older WatchGuard firewalls) it may be worth contacting your sales rep. If it's reasonable they'll usually manually allow it as a trade-up. Customer care may be able to help find your sales rep if you're not sure whom it is.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.