AuthPoint Data Access Options

Hi,

Are there any plans to add more developer-friendly ways to access AuthPoint data from WatchGuard Cloud. Ideally some sort of API access to user / token / audit data would be perfect so we can both report and monitor individual user & overall status within our own apps & tools; extra points for being able to configure webhooks back to our API for specific events, such as tokens being automatically blocked, repeated failed login attempts, etc.

I feel like at the moment our options as administrators are massively limited - I can see user & token info and statuses by logging in and browsing the Users table, but I don't even have an export to csv option there. While Audit logs do have the ability to export to csv, it's not something I want to have to do manually anyway. Everything we really want to know at the moment relating to users, tokens, and login history, we need to log in an manually look for it.

This is something I need to automate but with limited access to our data, as far as I can see my only option at the moment to get what I need would be to log into WatchGuard Cloud with a headless browser and scrape it from the html. Which is less than ideal!

Hopefully there's a better option in the pipeline here!

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @kaitn
    I'd suggest checking out the WatchGuard Cloud API documentation here:

https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/api/Content/en-US/home.html

It goes over how to set it up and what you can do with it at this time.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi @James_Carson

Been there, done that :) Unfortunately while there is API access to perform user authentication, there's no admin-level API access to fetch data such as user / token details, return audit log results, etc.

Sure I could log into the cloud portal daily and look over the users manually & download .csv files for the audit data, but ain't nobody got time for that! We're a small but busy team, and we try to automate as much as possible. All I want to do is parse that data and notify us only when there's any exceptions we need to look at.

Looks like my only option at the moment is to write a process to scrape the data I need from the web interface, which is a bit yuk but needs outweigh preference!

I'd definitely still like to suggest that the API makes this data available as a product enhancement. We should be able to access all of our data freely and use it as we see fit rather then being confined to a limited portal, especially given the security implications and actions we may need to take based on what this particular data set tells us.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@kaitn
    I'd suggest opening a support ticket (click support center, and create a case) -- There should be an option for API somewhere in the product drop down. The support team can help see if we can get you what you're looking for, and/or create a feature request for you from there.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Will do, thanks @James_Carson :)

Sign In to comment.