How do users login to the Logon App if they don't have an internet connection?

BrianLBrianL WatchGuard Representative

How will my users login if they lose internet connectivity? Will they be locked out?

Best Answer

• BrianLBrianL WatchGuard Representative
    Answer ✓

As long as the logon app has been able to communicate with the cloud in the past, it will know the valid users even if communication to the cloud is lost.

The user has a couple options for authentication that can work when they are offline, OTP and QR code. These options must be enabled for the logon app in the Authpoint group access policy to show up.

Answers

• what if the user never login with the app

• I recently downloaded the Logon application for MacOS and after installation I was asked to restart the computer. I continued and now I can't access my notebook anymore. The computer does not have access to the internet and I cannot access it by restarting in safe mode.

I don't know how to proceed with this, could you help me?

It is strange that the application blocks all my access to the notebook without first having configured anything.

I never login (logged in) with the App.
  • @alittleninja said:
    I recently downloaded the Logon application for MacOS and after installation I was asked to restart the computer. I continued and now I can't access my notebook anymore. The computer does not have access to the internet and I cannot access it by restarting in safe mode.

I don't know how to proceed with this, could you help me?

It is strange that the application blocks all my access to the notebook without first having configured anything.

I never login (logged in) with the App.

I have the same issue. How did you fixed this issue

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @ConnectNow

The logon app allows offline logins via use of the QR code function, which allows the mobile app to interact with it without internet.

If you're having trouble setting it up or logging in, I'd suggest opening a support case so that we can get more information and help. See the support center link at the top of this page.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• > @James_Carson said:
    > Hi @ConnectNow
    >
    > The logon app allows offline logins via use of the QR code function, which allows the mobile app to interact with it without internet.
    >
    > If you're having trouble setting it up or logging in, I'd suggest opening a support case so that we can get more information and help. See the support center link at the top of this page.

Support helpt hacking /removing the client the issue turned out the client app is not yet supporting macOS Big Sur correctly
Sign In to comment.