Options

VPN for IP phone

Hi guys. I'm learning. I have successfully setup a BOVPN between a T30 and a T20 at our branch office. I think.
I now want one host (an IP phone with a static local IP 10.0.1.x) at the branch office to effectively have an IP address on the main office network 192.168.1.x so it can TFTP to our PABX which is also on 192.168.1.x

I have done this for a MobileVPN connections before, but I'm not sure how to do it for a BOVPN. I may be messing up the tunnel settings, where I have just set the segments as 10.0.1.0/24 and 192.168.1.0/24 respectively.

Or am I mistaken and the IP phone doesn't actually need it's own IP on the 192.168.1.x network to talk to the PABX?

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi Chester.

If the IP phone is on one of the networks on the T30 or T20, it should be able to reach out across the Branch Office VPN (BOVPN.) If the phone is on a different network, just make sure that you've made routes in the VPN for that additional subnet.

The phone will have an IP from the side of the VPN that it is on -- there's not a way to have the same network exist on both sides of the VPN.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.