Options

RDP Resolution customization in Access Portal

I've seen a few people having issue with the Access portal RDP resolution, because if you have a high resolution screen with any scaling of text / objects; it wont display properly. You will end up getting a very low resolution RDP screen in a fraction of your browser with no way to resize. If you give the admins the customization of declaring the actual fixed resolution (like you do with the colors), that would bridge the gap of fixing this actual resizing/scaling issue in the RDP webapp. From looking at the text on this feature, you can see it hasn't been updated in a while (windows 8.1 comment).

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Maitek

There were several updates to Access Portal -- If you're not on the latest version of fireware (currently 12.5.4) I'd suggest upgrading and seeing if you're still running into the issue.

If you're still running into that issue, I'd suggest opening a support case (use the support center link on the top right of this page) so that the support team can help.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Yeah I'm all up to date. I'll open a ticket, but this was a common issue for others as well when I looked around. The only suggestions are to use the native resolution of your monitor, no zoom in browser. It's a work around, but makes this system not usable for the entire company.

• Options

Here is the link to the work-around. This isn't a great solution for anyone with ultra-high resolution monitors (many have 3200px 13.3" screen)

https://community.watchguard.com/watchguard-community/discussion/868/access-portal-in-rdp-some-client-cannot-have-full-screen#latest

Sign In to comment.