Options

Error: Windows resource limit WSA_MAXIMUM_WAIT_EVENTS (64) has been exceeded

Good Afternoon, I try to configure a Mobile VPN to SSL, for connect by RDP to my office.
I setup both users and VPN in Firebox M200, installed Client and import config file, I try to connect by normal Wifi ADSL network and all it's working good.
If I try to connect by different Wifi Network, for example using Android HOTSPOT o mobile router, checking the log I have this error:
Error: Windows resource limit WSA_MAXIMUM_WAIT_EVENTS (64) has been exceeded
and the connection remain for few minutes showing "-- mute triggered" that disconnect.
This problem happen using the same PC, VPN configuration and user..
I looking for some info for fix this problem, but I'm not able to solve that problem.
Thanks at all.

Comments

• Options

Having the same issue...was there ever a fix?

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @LE11 @Valerio

This sounds like a Windows issue -- perhaps with the SSLVPN client. If you haven't already, ensure you're using the latest SSLVPN client (you can find it on software.watchguard.com) and there are no other SSLVPN/OpenVPN type clients installed.

If the issue persists, I'd suggest opening a support case.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Hi @james.carson Is there any fix? I have same issue with getting that error message WSA_MAXIMUM_WAIT_EVENTS. I'm not sure this is all a windows issue. I have never had any other issues with other vpn clients like this where the vpn just stops working and has to be reinstalled. I have reinstalled already, but still not working. It does work on other machines with same user. Anyway just trying to see if anyone found a fix or workaround for this?
    Thanks,
    Tom

• Options

Hi @jfgc1933

If this is specifically happening on one PC, there is very likely something on that PC causing this to happen. The most common reason something like this happens is because the TAP driver on the system is removed, multiple are added, or they're unregistered.

I would suggest checking to see if you have any other SSL type VPNs installed. If so, ensure that only one OpenVPN tap driver is being installed -- if there are multiple it will very often cause issues.

-James Carson

• Options

Also @james.carson How do I see if tap driver is registered vs. unregistered?

• Options

@jfgc1933
    If you see one, it is.
    If you see multiple, it may connect to any one of them. If another process is installing one, you can use that one by unchecking the "install tap adapter" checkbox in the SSLVPN installer.

-James Carson

• Options

@james.papa louie" said:
    Hi @jfgc1933

If this is specifically happening on one PC, there is very likely something on that PC causing this to happen. The most common reason something like this happens is because the TAP driver on the system is removed, multiple are added, or they're unregistered.

I would suggest checking to see if you have any other SSL type VPNs installed. If so, ensure that only one OpenVPN tap driver is being installed -- if there are multiple it will very often cause issues.

Connection with the client works fine, but I cannot connect to our servers or any devices of our network.

Sign In to comment.