daas component log messages

What is daas and what it is used for?
Any way to stop these log messages from displaying ?

Looks like it may be this as the cause:
/usr/bin/python /lib/python2.7/daas/daas-client.pyc

2020-01-27 10:31:02 daas Publishing message Debug
2020-01-27 10:31:02 daas topic: stream/D0210274B767E/firebox/ACC-0286779 Debug
2020-01-27 10:31:02 daas message: Debug
2020-01-27 10:31:02 daas [MID 0] Message delivery confirmed Debug
2020-01-27 10:31:02 daas stream_cache_publish, 214/936 health data have been published Debug

Comments

• RalphRalph WatchGuard Representative

Hello Bruce,

Daas is the Cloud agent on the Firebox. I would not expect to see these logs with all Firebox components' log levels set to Error. Those appear to be Debug type logs.

• Agreed that they are Debug type log messages, but over the many firmware versions, many times Debug message were shown when there was no need for them.
    I have opened a number of support incidents over the years to get them to not be shown without having a debug setting is Diagnostic Logging.
    Note that there is no Diagnostic Logging setting for Cloud logging that I see in XTM.

Agreed.

Cloud is lumped in within the Management component. Any of your components set to debug log level at the moment ? I don't these messages on my own Firebox with all components at error.

• All are set to Error, including Management - except a few which are set to Off.

I do have the Any From Firebox policy in my config. Could this be the cause ?

• And is daas "data as a service" or something else ?

Thanks Bruce. I take back what I said about not seeing these logs on my own Firebox. I'll get something logged to make sure these logs get moved to Debug.

You got it.

• When can we expect some option to not log these daas log messages?
    They are not useful except for debugging IMHO.
    Sure would like to stop seeing them in Traffic Monitor

Sign In to comment.