Options

Why is WatchGuard support so bad recently

There are loads of bugs and quirks, but none of these are being fixed.
Support are useless only being able to give boiler plate responses.

I feel like I am being ignored

What are other peoples experiences?

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi Adam,

We certainly strive to work with all of our customers in a timely manner. I would suggest asking that your case be escalated to our management team if you feel that your case is not being handled appropriately.

I can also flag your case for review by a manager if you can reply with the case number.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options
    edited February 13

I concur. It's absolutely abhorrent!

One was having an issue with registering a locally-managed device in the cloud for visibility. I mentioned what manual/article I used for it. We get a reply to use the exact same manual as I stated I've used and is not working. Happened on three different occasions/issues in a few weeks now. Going in circles for a few days before an actual capable engineer gets on a case.

• Options

You can request a case to be escalated, if you end up with a support tech who isn't really helping.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @IHCS
    I'd be happy to help make sure those cases are reviewed, you'll need to ask for a manager in those cases, or provide the case numbers here so I can ask they be reviewed.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

It’s an input v output question.

Every org in the world has 1st liners (We need them) however lesser sophisticated problem descriptions are going to garner boiler plate responses, i.e. I pressed this and its not working or its broken.

A sophisticated problem description takes curation and a little time;

You need - The Problem (Detailed) – Efforts at resolution (Detailed) – How to replicate (Detailed) – 3rd party info (Detailed) – Isolation (Detailed) – Logs (Very Detailed) – Support Access – Configurations at all stages of above.

A sophisticated case opening fills the maximum allowed characters, it flows and contains elements that leads those experts to the answer for you. You curate your case well you will get few return questions; in fact, you get a 3rd line Jedi thanking you and providing you with the fix. Am not suggesting this hasn’t occurred within any of you but its input v output.

Don’t give up on a ticket, escalate, call someone and speak about it if the text in the case isn’t moving it. Frustration is massive in IT, but frustration never fixed anything. I personally think WG support is great but then I take the time to make my input decent as I want decent results in the output.

Sign In to comment.