Firebox in AWS - secondary external interface/elastic IP

I am writing this post to help out any others who wanted to get this working. Firebox in AWS (I'm assuming Azure as well) does not support more than 1 external interface and this will be eth0. If you need to have multiple external IP addresses attached to 1 firebox cloud instance what you need to do is provision a secondary IPv4 address on the primary eth0 interface. Once you have a secondary private internal IPv4 address on that interface, you can then associate a separate elastic IP to that network interface and private IP address. This will essentially grant the external IPs to route properly and you can access eth0 from two separate public elastic IP addresses. This could help for port conflicts and you can use two external IPs and use static nats easily, just make sure to match up the inbound on the secondary IPv4 address and it works correctly.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Crazyhorse88 I'll send a note to our documentation team to see if we can get a knowledge base or something similar posted for this type of procedure.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.