Options

Firebox T55w Utilization and rebooting occasionally

Hi, I have been having issues occasionally with VPN users being disconnected and have updated firmware to 12.9.2 and issues seems to be better so far. I am wondering if I need to upgrade to a faster Firebox to resolve some of our issues and having to reboot every couple weeks to clear up disconnects and speed issues. We are using AutoCAD and large files are being opened remotely...Our cpu usage on the firebox never goes 5-10 % and memory usage at 1536... Not sure if it is our VPN throughput that might be causing us issues. Is it normal to have to reboot the firewall every week or two or is this a sign of being overloaded....Not sure how to really calculate what our needed throughput should be .

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

If you're running into an issue with the firebox crashing, I'd suggest opening a support case. The firewall will often write fault reports out that can be investigated.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

I am not sure I would consider it a crash as internal network users are fine on internet only VPN users seem to be having reconnecting issues. Once I reboot it seems to clear up issue for a while.... The users complain that the client keeps reconnecting every 5 minutes or so until I reboot. It could be once every week or couple weeks. Should I make a case for this... I am considering upgrading to a newer faster model....

• Options
    edited March 2023

You can schedule an off hours reboot of your firewall.

See Automatic reboot, here:
    Define Firebox Global Settings
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/basicadmin/global_setting_define_c.html

• Options

Thanks for the info but the link does not seem to be active....

• Options

Fixed

• Options

Thanks....

Sign In to comment.