New T40 does not want to register on the cloud

Greetings,
I have been trying to register a new T40 on the Watchgaurd Cloud on our account since this morning, license active, synchronized and everything ok, but when I activate the cloud I get the "registration failed" error in the log I noticed this error every time I try to register me: Error 403 getting Daas endpoint Forbidden, any ideas?

Cristiano

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @toscanatlc

If you haven't already done so, please go into watchguard cloud, and under devices, add your device in (it should appear in a list.)

If you've already added the device there, please create a support case. (you can use the support center link at the top right of this page to create a case.)

-Please include a support file from your firewall, preferably generated right after it shows one of those 403 DaaS endpoint forbidden messages.

You can get a support file via:
    --In WebUI, go to system status -> diagnostics, and click to download a support log file.
    --In firebox system manager, please go to the status report tab, click support, then retrieve.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hello,
    the point is that I can't add a device because I don't see anything

Hi @toscanatlc
    The device needs to be activated, and added in WatchGuard cloud so that our servers know where to provision it. There are multiple instances of WatchGuard cloud in various regions.

-Activate at watchguard.com/activate

Next,
    -In WatchGuard Cloud, go to Configure -> Devices.
    -Click Add Device at the top. Your appliance should show up in the list under firebox. You can choose to provision a locally managed or cloud managed device. If you do not do this step, the cloud does not provision anything for your firewall to connect to, and you will see the forbidden message.

-James Carson

• Device already registered, if I try to register it tells me that the device has already been registered.

• James, the T40 is already active and all licenses are operational , 3 years total secutiy, already tested as per the guide to reach the FQDN of Watchgaurd and amazonaws.com, maybe a momentary problem ?

@toscanatlc

then you'll need to create a support case so that it can be corrected -- it's likely a provisioning error -or- issue with the TPM info for that firewall.

-- If you've already added the device there, please create a support case. (you can use the support center link at the top right of this page to create a case.)

-Please include a support file from your firewall, preferably generated right after it shows one of those 403 DaaS endpoint forbidden messages.

You can get a support file via:
    --In WebUI, go to system status -> diagnostics, and click to download a support log file.
    --In firebox system manager, please go to the status report tab, click support, then retrieve.>

-James Carson

• done, I don't think the T40 has the TPM, but I can't attach the support file, the site gives me an error.

• edited March 2023

I have a new T-40 as well. I see the device when I click Add the device to the cloud and it works but the device never actually connects to the cloud even though the option is enabled locally. I've tried removing it and adding it plus toggling cloud on and off on the device but nothing helps.

webui:
    WatchGuard Cloud
    Status Not Connected
    Connection lost

WSM

WatchGuard Cloud Status

registration_status: 2
    enabled: 1
    connected: 0
    token_required: 0
    server: firebox.iot.usa.cloud.watchguard.com:443
    api_endpoint: https://firebox.usa.agent.watchguard.com
    disconnect_reason: Connection lost

• I have a similar issue with a new T40

WatchGuard Cloud Status

registration_status: 2
    enabled: 1
    connected: 0
    token_required: 0
    server: firebox.iot.usa.cloud.watchguard.com:443
    api_endpoint: https://firebox.usa.agent.watchguard.com
    disconnect_reason: Connection lost

@phanaaekIT

Please create a support case for that firewall with that information.

-James Carson

Sign In to comment.