the u-boot restore

edited February 2023 in Firebox - Hardware

Hi Team,

I wonder if anyone would be able to help me out - was too fast and on u-boot level I issued the erase all command. Now my T30 is totally silent. Is there a way to restore the u-boot so I can load the OS again ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello James, to be honest I did not expected such answer. Thought that there will be some hidden recovery partition. Unfortunately there is not active support contract. As DSV we bought Prime-Cargo company and we swap all to DSV standard. Those left and I wanted to know what they capable of. Anyway thank you very much for your answer. For it means the only way is to re-program the flash. For this have last question according to mobo it has this chip MX29LV320EBTI-70G. Googling it mactronix shows it is 32MB size - is that correct ?

• @Sosna

What answer did you expect then? If you brick the device, it´s over.

/Robert

• Thank you @Bruce_Briggs I found this too. But according to doc page of Macronix it is 48 pins 32MB 3V Parallel NOR Flash. That is why I asked the question about potential hidden partitions. For small devices there is always debrick process available. I know soldering and programming is my last option.

• On the above link page, it shows:
    "multiple revisions of this device, use caution"

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@Sosna

I wish you the best in your endeavor, but I can't provide any instructions or information on how to manipulate one of our devices.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

This discussion has been closed.