Options

CLI how can i see if a mac address is allowed on an interface (without the rest of the junk)?

edited November 2022 in Firebox - Other

So, I'm using a watchguard firewall as my home internet router/parent filter. It's a little overboard and more complicated to make some stuff work. (But, it also does stuff that a typical home router can't.)

I'm trying to find a way to enable/disable devices via CLI so the kids have bed times. Now, I shouldn't see I'm trying. I figured that part out. To allow my kids to use a device or not, I wrote some telnet scripts that add and remove the mac address from the allowed list. I can run it as a script from an app on my phone.

But, what if I wanted to know if a device is enabled or not??? If the mac address is in the config or not? I can show the interface but it shows everything about the interface. All I'm concerned about at that moment is if the mac address that I'm controlling is there or not. I don't see a way to narrow it down to only show the mac addresses allowed. It would be even cooler if I could somehow grep or pull the line of text that matches the mac address Im looking for. It's a phone app. I don't want to look through 50 lines of config to see if the mac address is there or not. it woud be even cooler if I could make an if statement that says, if the mac address is present, output "Yes" or if not, output "No."

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

There doesn't seem to be any way to do this specific thing on the firewall itself. The best thing I can suggest is to log or write your output to a file or similar and search it there for the specific mac address you want.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.