WebBlocker Override for youtube access

I have tried to using WebBlocker for denying access youtube and facebook with override, but I have a problem, but when I test for youtube access, I can override but not appears image and I can't play the video. So I try for access facebook and result is override work to good.I wait for a few minutes I think that cause the page might not load correctly or completely, but I still cannot play the video. And then I got this log.

2019-08-08 10:22:19 Deny 10.0.1.2 172.217.194.119 https/tcp 10566 443 1-Trusted 0-External ProxyDeny: HTTP Request categories (Outgoing_HTTPS-proxy_IT-00) HTTP-Client.Standard.APT.2 proc_id="http-proxy" rc="595" msg_id="1AFF-0021" proxy_act="HTTP-Client.Standard.APT.2" cats="Social Web - YouTube" op="GET" dstname="i.ytimg.com" arg="/vi/3PBUxxVCtFI/hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEYCNIBEHZIVfKriqkDCwgBFQAAiEIYAXAB&rs=AOn4CLAHlvNr1IN0bUDOt0uGs3d0pX3KOA" geo_dst="USA" Traffic

Please kindly advice.

Thanks,
Regards,
Ajep Al Murnando

Comments

• Whenever you post, please include your XTM version.

YouTube content comes from many domains. i.ytimg.com is one of them.
    I'm not sure how WB should work for access to a site such as YouTube with multiple domain accesses when using the over-ride.
    Consider opening a support incident on this.

• Hi bruce,

Ok noted, for next post, I'll include the XTM Version.FYI currently I using Firebox M470 with fireware 12.5 and WSM 12.5.

I think category "media streaming : Youtube" on WebBlocker already included all domains from youtube.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Ajep Al Murnando

• Ok, thanks bruce. I just wondering, maybe someone here ever get same case with me. So I try ask here for discuss.

Thanks,
    Regards,
    Ajep Al Murnando

• Did you find a solution for this?
    I am having the same issue with M370 12.5

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @ajep_almurnand0 @LudwigKa
    You'll likely need to do an webblocker override for * (all sites) as the number of individual exceptions that you'd need to make in order to allow a video is rather high. They can also change depending on your region, video settings, etc.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• does anyone know how to completly block youtube access from a specific ip on my network?

• Add a HTTPS proxy From: the to be blocked IP addr To: Any-external
    On the Proxy action, add a Domain Names entry for a Pattern Match for *.youtube.com, set to Deny & Log

Make sure that this policy ends up above any policy which allows HTTPS packets from the blocked IP addr

• Hi, i'm a new member, I'm sorry for my English, I have a problem with the youtube application for Android. With the latest update of the youtube app, The rule in the Application Control Proxy, no longer blocks the updated youtube application. I have activated all the Application control action settings necessary for blocking the youtube app, but this is not blocked. I have also updated the M370 to the latest available OS version 12.8.2 (Build 666661), but I have not solved anything..
    Do you have any solution? Or should we wait for the watchgurd programmers to post more updates?
    Thanks.
    Bye.
    Riccardo.

• Could be that the app is using QUIC - HTTP & HTTPS over UDP, instead of the standard HTTP & HTTPS using TCP.
    The Fireware HTTP & HTTPS proxies do not inspect UDP packets.

I have a Custom Packet Filter policy near the top of my config which blocks QUIC - UDP port 80 & 443 - HTTP & HTTPS over UDP.

Sign In to comment.