Options

Upgrading from old Fireware OS - Problems with SSL Authentication using ActiveDirectory-Group?

Hi there, we are using a M470 Firebox running Fireware 12.1.3. So it's necessary to upgrade it asap. But I am wondering if there are problems regarding mobile SSL Authentication. Our users connecti via watchguard SSL client using "xxx\username" where xxx is part of the domain name, which is xxx.yyy.zzz. So if I upgrade to 12.8.1 do users have the opportunity to connect via "xxx\username" or ""xxx.yyy.zzz\username" or do I have to reconfigure SSL Authentication via Active Directory as a whole?

Thank you!

Comments

• Options

From the docs:

To use another authentication server

Type the authentication server name or domain name, and then type a backlash () followed by the user name.

Active Directory — ad1_example.com\j_smith

https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/mvpn/ssl/mvpn_ssl_client-install_c.html

If xxx is the authentication server name in your AD setup in your config, then there should no change to the login

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

For AD authentication there should be no change, the only large change between those versions insofar as SSLVPN authentication would be if you were utilizing RADIUS (as you can have multiple RADIUS servers now.)

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.