IKEv2 with Mac OS 10.15 Catalina
Cutting to the chase, here is the...
Problem: When connected to Firebox via IKEv2, device with OS 10.15 Catalina fails to rekey the connection and disconnects the employee at precisely 8 minutes (480 seconds).
Need: instructions on setting(s) to change on the MAC OS device or the Firebox to get it past the 8 minute mark.
Related important information:
1. Other MACs with older OS (10.12 Sierra) DON'T experience this problem
2. PC's don't experience this problem
3. This seems to be specific to a change that Apple made in their certificate acceptance on newer OS, and is a heavily documented problem on the internet.
4. Appliance: T50, version 12.5.3 (Build 616762)
5. The solution needs to be relatively simple in that the connecting computer is an employee owned device that I don't want to mess with at 'it's core'. Changing a few settings here and there is OK, but nothing too substantial, that I couldn't reproduce on a regular basis either.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.