Options

IKEv2 Linux

Has anyone successfully configured the IKEv2 Mobile VPN with a Linux (Ubuntu) client computer? We do use Linux with our Mobile SSL VPN with no problems, however, I wanted to look at using IKEv2 VPN with Linux. Windows and Mac can connect using the pre-configured file from the firewall.

I tried setting up something manually from the Android config file but couldn't get it to work, and just wondered if someone had already done this and/or can point me in the right direction? I couldn't find much from searching both Watchguard Docs and this forum or Google.

Thanks
Keith

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2022

Hey Keith, I am working on this as well. Have you been able to crack this nut? It was recommended that I incorporate strongswan and I got it installed however can't seem to configure this correctly.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @svitadmin
    The other user here is correct, it requires strongswan, which is not always installed by default in every distro.
    Most distros include OpenVPN support by default, which is compliable with the SSLVPN. If you're having trouble getting it up and going, the OVPN file from the firewall into the built in OpenVPN client on the distro may be a faster option.

https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/mvpn/ssl/mvpn_ssl_ovpn_profile_c.html

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.