I installed the Logon App and now I can't login to the computer.

BrianLBrianL WatchGuard Representative

There are a few reasons the logon app may not be working after install. Double-check that you have configured an access policy for the logon app resource in your Authpoint group.

The logon app requires the wlconfig.cfg file to function (which you download from the logon app resource in Authpoint), after install this should be located at C:\Windows\System32\wlconfig.cfg. The logon app will not stop you from logging into the computer remotely using SMB file sharing or Powershell, which can allow you to check for the wlconfig file even if you can't login directly and insert a good copy if necessary.

As a last resort you can boot the computer into safe mode which does not allow the logon app to present our login screen, so you can login normally and uninstall it.

Comments

• @BrianL I downloaded the Logon application for MacOS and after installation I was asked to restart the computer. I continued and now I can't access my notebook anymore. The computer does not have access to the internet and I cannot access it by restarting in safe mode.

I don't know how to proceed with this, could you help me?

It is strange that the application blocks all my access to the notebook without first having configured anything.

I never login (logged in) into the App.
  • james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @alittleninja

The easiest way to correct this will be to ensure there is an access policy that allows your user to log in. One of our support reps can assist if you create a case by clicking the support center link at the top right of the page.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.