Various WAN with PPPoE over trunk

Hi,

We are changing a SonicWall for a active-backup Watchguard cluster.

The problem is that we currently have 3 WANS configured as a PPPoE interface in the SonicWall, 2 of them as a subinterface with VLAN 6 and the other without VLAN.

In the Watchguard we do not have enough free ports because the cluster links, so I have tried to configure a 2-port LACP in the watchguard and tagged the VLANs 6, 7 and 8 and this connected to a switch with the same, a LACP with the VLAN 6 , 7 and 8 tagged.
I have connected the wans to the same switch, each to an access port. One wan with vlan 6, another with 7 and last with 8.

The problem is that this does not seem to work, since in the Watchguard the VLAN interfaces of the WAN appear to me as [External: Failed] and PPPoE without IP.
One of the WANs, the one in the SonicWall does not have a VLAN, although it has given me the public IP but it also appears as [External: Failed].

Could this not work like this? Is there any other way to configure it?

Being a Watchguard cluster (Active-Passive), I understand that I need an intermediate switch, since I only get a cable from the WAN, and I will have to separate these WANs between them in some way.

How could I do it?

Regards, and thank you very much.

Answers

• I recommend that you open a support incident on this to get help from a WG rep on how you can set this up.
    Select the Support Center box on the upper right and select Create New Case

• Yes, I did it, buy I think they didn't understood what I wanna say...
  • Try them again
  • You never mentioned the model of Firebox purchased, but if you own a M-470 and above you could add the optional module for additional ports.

It's usually something simple.

Sign In to comment.