Options

How do I allow external access for Remote Desktop Services

I am running a XTM26 and behind it I have a server on my network running Windows Server 2016 and I have configured Remote Desktop Services on it. On our Internal network I can connect to it from portal.vamcopgh.local/rdweb. This is the local domain and address of the internal hosted page for RDS. External I have the RD Gateway set to portal.vamcointernational.com and when I go to that from a PC not on my local network I get redirected and get a cert err.
How can I make sure that I am getting to the host server from external internet. I have tried policies, SNAT's and many other things but I can't tell where the problem is. Also my first time ever doing this so...

Answers

• Options

An incoming SNAT should work.
    However, we strongly recommend that you have your remote users who need to use RDP
    1) come from specific Internet IP addrs
    You specify these IP addrs on the incoming RDP policy From: field - use SNAT on this policy
    or
    2) the user authenticates to the firewall
    You would specify the user IDs of the Authenticated users or a group name for those users on the From: field of the RDP policy - use SNAT on this policy
    or
    3) the user starts a VPN session to the firewall
    You would specify the user IDs of the VPN users or a group name for those users on the From: field of the RDP policy - do not use SNAT on this policy - just To: the IP addr of the RDP server

Sign In to comment.