* WARNING * AuthPoint Gateway Support

I am a WatchGuard reseller evaluating AuthPoint. I installed the Gateway component to test with a Firebox. The RADIUS component of the product was not responding at all. Log files were empty.

So I called support. They were unable to help me as it's installed on Windows. That's the only version that exists. They also won't support RADIUS, but it's built into their product. I asked them why I should purchase a product they can't support, no answer. I said if you can't support it I'll have to go find a competitor's product. They had no answer. The best the guy could do was apologize for not being able to help me.

I would suggest you not purchase this product as they provide no support for it. Here's a list of things I found broken.

Push authentication doesn't work, notifications never arrive at the phone.
Safe Locations don't work, they are ignored.
RADIUS component of the AuthPoint Gateway doesn't work.
LADP component of the AuthPoint Gateway doesn't work. It passes the LDAP connectivity test, but generates a meaningless error when trying to do a group sync.
If you have some users requiring MFA and some users not, ALL users must be registered and paid for within the portal in order to log in once the MFA is enabled.

Looking for a better product, this one without support isn't an option for anybody.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @BradM
    Would you be willing to reply with your case number? I'd like to see if we can take a look at your case and figure out how to help.

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Hi @BradM

(Disclosure - I am a partner) I'd just like to add, that while some of the initial engineers assigned to AuthPoint cases have been a little sketchy on the subject (few and far between).. they are in my experience, escalated and dealt with in a very technical, and professional manner.

While there are a few frustrating aspects to AuthPoint, I'm happy to report that it does work in all the cases you mentioned (the Group Sync issue specifically, was addressed in beta and release into production this week - if it's the same issue I had (generic error which happens if there are a large number of groups to enumerate in AD as I understand it)).

I would let @James_Carson look into this, help you get it sorted, and hopefully not let it mar your view of WatchGuard AuthPoint. They're working hard to improve it, and I have no-doubt they will get there with the finishing touches.

Cheers, James

All Fireboxes (T-Series, M-Series, FireboxV, Firebox Cloud etc.); EPDR, Advanced EPDR/Cytomic, Orion (Threat Hunting); WiFi, AuthPoint. WSC/Cloud. Management of a few hundred Fireboxes, and a few thousand EPDR endpoints. Platinum Partner. Views my own (if any!).

• edited October 2019

please delete - My issue is resolved and I shouldn't have read too much into another end users comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @DougB

Do you have a case open for your issue? I'd be happy to look into that too. The tech support representatives make documentation improvement requests, so if you're hitting a snag somewhere, they can help make sure that gets improved.

If you haven't done so, I'd suggest taking a look at the integration guides -- as those have the most specific in-depth information for setting up Authpoint with various other services/applications.

https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/Integration-Guides/_intro/authpoint-integrations.html

Thank you,

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.