WatchGuard licensing

We need to renew our WG Total Security Suite for M270 and WG Standard Support for 1 year. I got a quote for renewal from the same company we've always used, but I also got a quote for the same things from Insight and CDW and I noticed they were different. CDW was about $400 cheaper than our WG vendor for same items.

Why is that? Is it possible for my company to buy license directly from WG without going through a vendor?

Comments

• A quick Internet search for part #WGM27351 show a wide variety of pricing, including some lower that CDW.

You can get it from WG
    Online Store (renewals only)
    https://securityshop.watchguard.com

WatchGuard Total Security Suite Renewal/Upgrade 1-yr for Firebox M270
    $2,235.00
    (WGM27351)

• Yes, I did Google that part number and I saw different prices for CDW, Firewalls.com etc.

The quote I got from other vendor I was looking for the WG Total Security Suite s $2053.

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

The price on the WatchGuard store will always be what the list price is (you may also hear it referred to as MSRP.)

WatchGuard's partners often get discounts on the same products, which they pass on to you. Partners also often provide front-line support, some will even lease a device to you and provide support for it via our managed service provider program.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Understood, thank you

Sign In to comment.