Connecting to GRE Tunnel

We are upgrading the network devices at our data center. We have an aging Cisco 2621 now connecting to our customer site via simple GRE Tunnel through a private line. Is it possible to use a M270 to replace the Cisco to connect to that tunnel at our end?

Comments

• Seems https://community.watchguard.com/watchguard-community/discussion/comment/10054 might be what you're after (FBX-21224 feature request to create an unencrypted GRE tunnel).

You can create an encrypted GRE tunnel today (well GRE over IPsec) if you create a VPN interface and specify the type as "Firebox" from what I can tell, but feature request is to allow for an unencrypted one to be created.
    (Services like Zscaler prefer them, hence why I had to create a support ticket and ask to follow that feature request ID - probably need to do the same).

• Thanks for the link provided. The unencrypted GRE tunnel is definitely the feature we are looking for. We don't want to buy a Cisco ISR just for doing this if Watchguard can support this feature in the near future.

• Just because there is an existing Feature Request does not mean that its implementation is imminent.
    It may or may not be on a roadmap for inclusion.
    Perhaps James of WG can comment here.
    @james.carson

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

I've asked the product management team to review the request. If I get any information back, I will let you know.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.