Options

Catastrophe nothing works...

Good morning

We use two boxes M390 and 370 as well as EDPR with additional Patch management, Full Encryption and Data control. We wanted to control the use of external storage media such as USB keys or external hard drives. User permissions and encryption. After studying Watchguard's commercial documentation, we purchased the products. On the other hand, we noticed that if for USB keys, everything works correctly, for external hard drives, it's a disaster, nothing works, the encryption is not done even if we have configured it as mandatory and the control of using external hard drives does not work either. In summary, we acquired a security solution that does not work with external hard drives which are today more widespread than USB keys... Support told us that external drives were seen as SCSI by Microsoft outside Encryption doesn't work in any case anyway. It is easy to understand that Watchguard's security solutions are in this case ineffective, we cannot provide security with such deficiencies, it is unworthy of Watchguard's part ! The question is when this more than major problem will be resolved ?

Sincerely,

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Philmax
    If you haven't already opened a support case, I would suggest doing so. If this is for an existing support case, can you please reply with the case number so that we can look into the case for you?

If you are using Windows, the classification of the drive (external/internal) is derived from Windows - if you believe that your device is being misidentified in Windows, please check how the OS is identifying your external HDD. If the OS is identifying it improperly, it's likely derived from that OS issue.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

In Windows the drive is identified as external, you just have to go to BitLocker management to see this, however in WatchguardCloud my computer is presented as having two SCSI disks. I did the test with 4 different disks of different brands and different types, the problem is that the encryption is not triggered and the ban on using external disks does not work either when you activate it because it is your tool who obviously doesn't see anything... In case you contest my conclusions, please tell me with which disk, brand model it works for you during your internal tests I am ready to buy one to see...

• Options

Hi @Philmax

Can you please reply with your case number so that I can have my support lead look into your case. I can't do anything for you unless you reply with your case number.

If you'd prefer to keep that private, please reply in your support case that you'd like it escalated to a manager, and the technician currently working on your case can also do that for you.

-James Carson

• Options

Hello, yes the ticket is: Case - 02030598.
    We are currently testing around ten disks of different technologies with W10 and W11. Disk blocking and encryption when allowed.

• Options

Hi @Philmax I have asked the support lead to escalate your case. It should be assigned a new technician from that team shortly. Thank you.

-James Carson

Sign In to comment.