Options

Not getting DHCP

This is my first time creating a VLAN interface on the Watchguard. But I have have interface 2 as type VLAN, and then I have a VLAN "Bechdon VLAN" associated with interface 2. Below are also my network and VLAN settings.

VLAN is set to Tagged on watchguard. Then I have a cable connecting from interface 2 on WG to interface 17 on an Aruba switch Tagged VLAN 6. Then if I assign interface 18 on the same Aruba switch as Untagged VLAN 6, I get a DHCP address like I'm supposed to.

We have another building, then I already have existing networks already there which I setup. So just like all the existing network, I have interface 25 on the switch Tagged VLAN 6 among the existing ones, then on the switch at new building Tagged VLAN 6 on the uplink port.

This is the problem. When I assign a port on the switch at new building Untagged VLAN 6, I don't get an IP address, and even if I setup a static IP on the "Bechdon VLAN", I can't ping anything. I have VLAN 6 on all the switches, so its not because its missing VLAN 6.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    edited March 12

This is the port setting on my switch unlinking from WatchGuard. If I plug in a laptop on port 18, the laptop gets connection to VLAN 6.

**Running configuration:

interface 17
    name "Bechdon VLAN Uplink"
    tagged vlan 6
    exit
    interface 18
    name "Bechdon Test Port"
    untagged vlan 6
    exit
    interface 25
    name "Uplink to new bldg"
    tagged vlan 1,4-6,100,302
    exit
    This is the switch at new building. If I plug in a laptop on port 15, the laptop gets no connection to VLAN 6.

Running configuration:

interface 15
    name "Steve"
    untagged vlan 6
    exit
    interface 49
    name "Uplink"
    exit

• Options

Any logs on the Aruba switches to look at?
    Seems like a switch issue

• Options

I agree it does seem like a switch issue because I'm getting dhcp address on one swich. This is the port setting on my switch unlinking from WatchGuard interface 2 (VLAN 6 Tagged). If I plug in a laptop on port 18, the laptop gets connection to VLAN 6. Also, I'm testing on both switches with the same laptop and Ethernet cable. I also tried a different port on the new switch Untagged VLAN 6, and I still don't get an IP address.

Everything looks correct on the switch to me, but I'm checking with Aruba also.

This is the switch at new building. If I plug in a laptop on port 15, the laptop gets no connection to VLAN 6.

• Options

This is the port setting on my switch unlinking from WatchGuard. If I plug in a laptop on port 18, the laptop gets connection to VLAN 6.

Running configuration:

interface 17
    name "Bechdon VLAN Uplink"
    tagged vlan 6
    exit
    interface 18
    name "Bechdon Test Port"
    untagged vlan 6
    exit
    interface 25
    name "Uplink to new bldg"
    exit

Running configuration:

interface 15
    name "Steve"
    untagged vlan 6
    exit
    interface 49
    name "Uplink"
    exit

• Options
    edited March 19

Are there link lights lit on the Uplink ports on each firewall?
    Try a power off/on on the new building switch

• Options

Sorry for the late reply. It was my error. I mislabeled the switch port wrong, so I was tagging to wrong interface. Tagged to correct interface, and it works.

Sign In to comment.