Options

Routing VOIP VLANs through SDWAN

We have 10 VLANs internally, ID's 10, 20, 30 and so on.
These are all configured on switches and contain only VOIP phones on them. No workstations or servers.
Current WG is an M5800.
Eth0 is existing WAN.
Eth1 is Trusted LAN.

I would like to configure the VOIP VLANs to route through a new External connection on Eth10. This has a static IP and it works.

I do not want to use this secondary ISP as failover or anything involving the internal data network. I only plan on using it for VOIP traffic.

My though was, create all of the VLANs within Networking. Add them all to one VLAN Group alias. Connect open Eth9 to a tagged VLAN port on a switch.
Create SD-WAN with Eth10 as the only included interface while configured as Failover.
Multi-WAN is configured as Routing Table and only the primary WAN is checked in its configuration.
Configure Eth9 as VLAN Interface with send and receive traffic for all the tagged VLANs.
Create a policy for any incoming From the VLAN-Group alias to Eth10.
Route outbound traffic using SD-WAN with my new VOIP SD-WAN action.

When I save it though the devices on the VLANs still route through the primary WAN, not the secondary.

Any thoughts as to why?

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Does the policy that the traffic is traversing have the SD-WAN policy set in it? If so, you should see that in your allow log(s) for that traffic. Double check that your traffic is hitting the policy you expect it to.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.