Options

Access Portal AuthPoint as Logon Server (not Authpoint-SAML).

Hi,

I believe i've seen it at some point on a T40.
Once AuthPoint was activated it could be used as a 'direct' logon server option in the Access Portal. Somewhere somehow this has dissapeared and the other options like AD/LDAPS, SAML are the only options.
Why can't AuthPoint be used directly?

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @IHCS
    Access portal has always been SAML - you're likely thinking of SSLVPN, which does have that option. The implementation via SSLVPN is due to SSLVPN not supporting SAML.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Hi James,

No, I've really seen AuthPoint as an option in the dropdown box at some point in time for the Access Portal... Remeber getting confused where it went and had to go to SAML.

To bad I can't replicate it or confirm with screenshots. Was about 2 years ago.

Do you think it might be a real future option though?

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

@IHCS I do not think this would be possible, as it would essentially replicate the thing that's already there -- SAML.

I would suggest following the deployment guide here:
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/Integration-Guides/AuthPoint/access-portal-saml_authpoint.html
    which walks thru the process. It's basically copy/pasting some things between the two services to allow them permission to talk to each other.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.