Options

Server Center Report Manager issues

I moved a WG Server Center installation to a new computer a while back following the WG guidelines. When I log into WebCenter and go to Report Manager > Servers, both the old and new servers are shown.

srvr03 is the new server and is listed as the Management Server, srvr01 is the old server and is listed as Report Server. srvr01 is decommissioned and no longer exists. All components of Server Center are installed on a single computer (now srvr03). The log server is added to the Report Server as 127.0.0.1 in the admin interface.

In addition, when I create/edit a scheduled report, the old server still shows up in the Devices list.

Not sure if this related, but in the ap_reporting.log file there are messages like this:

<SrvProcess d="2023-12-27T21:45:07Z" orig="srvr03" pri="2" app="ap_reporting" proc_id="14320:15064" mc="8196" msg="Error (8196), ****** DB PULLING EXCEPTION ERROR:{[Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine}" />

It seems there are remnants of the old server somewhere in the config. Any ideas how to resolve? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @cmc

The windows based log, report, webblocker, and quarantine servers are no longer supported. I would suggest moving to Dimension, which is our newer log/reporting tool.

(About Dimension)
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/dimension/get-started_dimension_d.html

If you'd prefer to continue using the windows based log/report server, I'd suggest uninstalling it, and reinstalling it. Please keep in mind that this software is no longer maintained and you will very likely run into this issue or others in the future.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

Dimension requires all connected devices to have an active security subscription, correct? I have a couple of devices logging to this server that do not have an active subscription. Installing Dimension and testing it out is on my to-do list but I was hoping to get this Server Center install working properly in the meantime. I may just uninstall/reinstall as suggested.

• Options
    edited December 2023

Yes, all firewalls need a current support contract to log to Dimension, starting with Dimension 2.0

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Dimension 2.0+ requires active support for each firewall in order to log.

The firewall can also send messages via syslog to any other log server that supports syslog messages, regardless support.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.