Options

Dimension on Proxmox ?

Hello, we used Vmware esxi for 10 years, around 35 VM in our datacenter.
In last 2 months we converted all our servers to Proxmox VE without any major problem: we succesfully converted 34 VM, Win server 12,16,19, rockylinux, debian, ubuntu, with any kind of services. Everything works except one server: Watchguard Dimension.
Or, to be fair, it works, but as you know, I can't install anything on the SO and without Virtio drivers (the vmware tools of Proxmox) I can't shutdown, reboot and unleash full power from VM.
Everytime I need to reboot the host, I have to remember that Dimension need be poweroff manually or the host won't reboot.

I already opened a Case on wgsupport and they said watchguard has no plan to create a Dimension VM with virtio drivers included.

1- I think it's a shame that a brand like Watchguard does not support alternative to virtualization standard, considering it's almost free and safe just to add virtio drivers to Dimension
2- Am I the only one with this problem? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks for any idea or suggestion.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @markpcom

We don't have any plans to add support for that hypervisor at this time. Customers that wish to run Dimension on other systems are welcome to, but we do not support it.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.