Need to replace a defective brand new T35

I just submitted this issue as a critical Customer Care case, but I don't know if that is best or if a Technical Support case is better, or if it matters.

I just took a brand new T35 out of the box, plugged it in, and turned it on. It worked the first time, but then after the initial web UI config, I shut it off and tried to turn it on again, but it won't power on unless I play with the power switch. All power connections have been checked.

I have to flip the power switch several times on/off/on to get its lights to stay on. It will flash all the lights for a split second, then all lights go off. I flip the switch off, back on, off, back on, and I have to do this several times, and the lights finally stay on and it boots up. I took a video of it on my cell phone.

I will not be installing this device at a my client's office!

I need it replaced ASAP because their T50 that it is going to replace is about to expire on August 12, 2019.

Gregg Hill

Comments

• I see no way to delete one of my own posts, so I'll just reply. Customer service got me the extension on the client's T50, and they sent the case to tech support to get an RMA.

Gregg Hill

• edited August 2019

@GreggHill said:
    I just took a brand new T35 out of the box, plugged it in, and turned it on. It worked the first time, but then after the initial web UI config,...

I think that the box terminated in shock after realising that you actually used WebUI.. :D

Adrian from Australia

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @GreggHill,

_(I realize you seem to already have resolved this, however, I'll post this should someone else come across this looking for the same information.)
    _
    RMAs (including DOA units) require a support incident, as someone will need to verify your information, and we don't want to post that on the public forums.

For a DOA type issue like you described, they'll most likely replace the power adapter too, as it could be either part causing the issue.

For a hard down situation, the fastest way to get this all rolling will be to call +1.877.232.3531, select the option for tech support, and they can take it from there. The tech should also be able to request a temp key from customer care should you not have one already.

Thank you!

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• So the best answer to my first sentence in my post is: Enter the support case as "Technical Support" and not "Customer Care".

Thank you for the additional information. BTW, they did request the power supply as well.

Gregg Hill

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @GreggHill
    Yes, technical support is the way to go. It's not a huge deal if you selected the wrong one, as the customer care rep can move it over for you if that's the case.

Thanks, and I'm glad it sounds like they were able to resolve that.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• I started with CC, they gave me the temp key for the T50, then passed it to TS for the RMA. It's "Six of one, and a half dozen of the other" as the saying goes! The RMA "shipped" according to email, but support said they don't ship until Monday. It's not critical because of the 15-day temp key added to the expiration. I have until the 27th.

Gregg Hill

Sign In to comment.