Options

SSL VPN Windows app - users now having to disable/re-enable TAP driver depending on location

I've got a weird issue lately in that a handful of users can only access the network at the office (when here physically) if they disable the TAP driver. This is after ensuring the SSL VPN app is not connected and closed down entirely... Then from home, they have to reconnect the TAP driver in order for the VPN to work (I understand the latter part). Any ideas? Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

The TAP adapter shouldn't be trying to handle any traffic in windows when it's disconnected.

I'd check to see if there's any other apps that might be trying to use the OpenVPN TAP adapter -- if there are they may be re-enabling it. Checking your windows route table (via CLI command 'route print' may also be helpful.)

If you're not seeing anything via that, I'd suggest opening a support case.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

@james.carson said:
    The TAP adapter shouldn't be trying to handle any traffic in windows when it's disconnected.

I'd check to see if there's any other apps that might be trying to use the OpenVPN TAP adapter -- if there are they may be re-enabling it. Checking your windows route table (via CLI command 'route print' may also be helpful.)

If you're not seeing anything via that, I'd suggest opening a support case.

Thanks Carson. I guess I'll open a case. We have universal hardware, software, and group policies here so it's not making sense why just 2 out of 60 machines are doing this.

Sign In to comment.