Options

reset to fabric firebox x550e

i try to reset to fabric
i use firebox quick setup wizard
setting temporary ip correct
but the firebox quick setup wizard could not continue

Comments

• Options

The X550e is End of Life since 31 Dec 2015.
    https://www.watchguard.com/wgrd-trust-center/end-of-life-policy

This is a very old firewall, there have been no new software versions available for this firewall since 2015, and in my opinion should be replaced immediately with a current supported firewall model.

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Depending on what version that older device is running, you'll need to use an older version of WSM to accomplish this.

That firewall has not had any software updates for a very long time, and is missing a lot of the features on the modern Fireboxes. I would suggest replacing this unit.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

where i can found the 10.2 version of firmware?

on wg web site i can found only 11.3.8

thanks

• Options

Open a support case with Customer Care. Use the Support Center link above.
    They should be able to provide you a link to that version of WSM.

• Options

• Device xxxxxxxxxxxxx (serial number) is confirmed to be an X550e device, which is in product end of life since 31 Dec 2015
    • We have also checked just in case you had an active license for the product, but this product has been without license since 22/5/2010

Based on this information, this product is not elegible for support. Even if an upgrade version for your device was available, you will not be able to apply it as devices without license can not be ugpraded.

• Options

not good news from Customer Care

• Options

Did you ask for a link to WSM v10.2 ?

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

This is the latest software we have available for these devices:

(Software for Firebox X Core e-Series)
    https://software.watchguard.com/SoftwareDownloads?current=true&familyId=a2RF00000009GnEMAU

Occasionally, we are no longer able to distribute older versions of software due to license agreements no longer being valid, and other reasons. The 10.x software appears to fall under that category. Even if it were available, I can't guarantee that a version of WSM that old would run on modern Windows.

As previously mentioned, this is a very old appliance that has not had a software update in well over 10 years (if it is in fact running 10.x) -- I would strongly suggest that you replace this unit with something more modern if not from WatchGuard, from one of our competitors. I would not consider an appliance that old to be safe on the internet.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• Options

hi all i cannot found the firmware 10.2.xxx to reset to fabric.
    the latest software on wg site not contain the fw but only the downgrade from 11 to 10.2.8 (Fireware Downgrade Image 11.* to 10.2.8)
    i need the Fireware firmware 10.2.8
    i found the old WatchGuard System Manager 10.2.8 and an old pc but when i try to download the firmware to the x550e I cannot found on my WSM 10.2.8

• Options

Can you connect to this firewall using V10.2.8 WSM Policy Manager?
    If so, you can create a new configuration using Policy Manager and upload it to the firewall if you known the update password.

If you don't know the update password, can you run the V10.2.8 QuickSetup wizard successfully?
    If not, then the firewall may be not working properly anymore.

Sign In to comment.