Options

No Windows logon box appears after ESET encryption screen

Hi All

I have a bit of an unusual situation here and I am not sure how to prevent it from happening.

We have been using ESET Encryption for several years with no issues, I have recently taken on Watchguard Authpoint and installed it on machines, we are using this for logging into windows only, no other programs/utilitues require MFA

I have now had two machines have the following situation happen, a user has managed to disable their Encryption due to an incorrect password being entered 3 times, after this they have to use the reset password option, I give them a recovery password and then it boots into windows, the login screen appears (so windows background but its all fuzzy) but no logon box ever appears, no buttons on the screen for ease of access, shutdown, switch user anything... all you can do is hold in the power button on the PC to shut the device down.

I can get a logon box if I boot into safe mode so I can still access the machine that way but obviously I cant work on the machine in safe boot. Unfortunately no other Encryption users are set up on that machine so I cant try and access the machine via another account (however in safe boot I can still log on as any domain user)

I think the issue is being caused by Authpoint rather than Encryption but I am posting here in the hopes that someone else may have encountered this issue and knows how to prevent it happening? I have had this happen on 3 machines so far, and the only solution I have found is to do a full reinstall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @SaintKev2
    -I'd suggest opening a support case if you haven't done so already so we can gather more details on what versions are running. There's not really enough information to provide a definitive direction to go at this moment.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.