Options

Blank MAC adresses on M370 after upgrade to the 12.9.3 fireware version

Hello everyone

I upgraded my M370 to the latest version (12.9.3) and lost access to many of my devices (AP, printer, switche ...) and got a dns problem too. The WG support team told me that the dns problem will be solved in the next version of the fireware but they didn't tell me anything about the issue of blank MAC addresses on the firebox ARP table. I tried restarting the firebox, clearing the ARP cache table and even downgrading the fireware version to 12.8.2 (the version my firewall was on before this problem), but that didn't solve the problem.

I didn't have this problem before the upgrade, but it persists now, even after the downgrade.

Does anyone know what this is? Or already had the same problem?

Thank you

Answers

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @m33d
    If your MAC addresses are coming up blank (as in 00:00:00:00:00:00) that usually means the firewall is ARPing for those devices and is not getting a reply. If, for example, you did an IP scan on your network, you'd see those entries for every host that did not respond because the firewall attempted to resolve them.

If you want to completely remove the current ARP table, rebooting the firewall will accomplish that.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.