Options

Upgraded to M290 from T55-W SSL Vpn connection issues

Hi, I just upgraded my firebox from T55-W to M290. I have exported and converted the config into the M290 and all the settings look good. I have installed the latest firmware as of today 12.9.2 and went to test my new firewall with remote SSL VPN connections.
The clients are running 12.7.2 for windows. I had read that the users trying to connect to the new box would be asked to install a new certificate and then would connect. I had this happen on a laptop in the office and everything connected fine. The home or outside users reported an error saying failed to read config file. Do I need to change some setup or redistribute a new config file from the new firebox. Only tested this once so far, not sure if users need to reboot or there is a reason they did not get a prompt to install new certificate like I had on an office laptop that worked fine.

Thanks for your help....

Comments

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @GARYMN
    This means the SSLVPN client has noticed that something has changed, but it's unable to download the new config package from the firewall for some reason. This can range from being in the wrong group, wrong password, or other problems.

Customers have reported in the past sometimes that removing the SSLVPN profile data from the system can help. If you'd like to try that, go to:
    C:\Users\ user name \AppData\Roaming\WatchGuard
    and remove the "Mobile VPN" folder.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.