SSL VPN Connection dropping during configuration Windows 11

I have an issue with a new Windows 11 laptop connecting to our SSL VPN. The user goes through the authentication process, and the connection drops after he clicks approve on his mobile device. Using the same process, the same user can connect just fine on a Windows 10 laptop. I have attached the log of his last attempt to log into the SSL VPN on the windows 11 machine. Any assistance or explanation would be appreciated.

Comments

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @Bret_Agard
    I've removed your file because it has both a username and the FQDN for your firewall -- in the future if you post logs, please ensure they're fully sanitized, or create a support ticket with our support team to ensure that your info stays private.

Taking a look at the end of your file, it looks like the system is exiting after the vpn PUSH, and when it tries to get a copy of the config:

2023-03-16T14:12:59.630 OVPN:>LOG:1678993979,,MANAGEMENT: >STATE:1678993979,GET_CONFIG,,,,,,
    2023-03-16T14:12:59.640 OVPN:>STATE:1678993979,GET_CONFIG,,,,,,
    2023-03-16T14:12:59.653 OVPN:>LOG:1678993979,,SENT CONTROL [Fireware SSLVPN Server]: 'PUSH_REQUEST' (status=1)
    2023-03-16T14:12:59.724 Connection Closed.

-Does this laptop have any other VPN clients installed? If there are multiple versions of OpenVPN installed, there may be an issue.
    -Do you see a TAP adapter in your network devices (press win+r and type in ncpa.cpl and press ok/run.) If no, please uninstall the VPN client, and re-install it.

If none of those steps help, please consider opening a support case by clicking the support center link at the top right of the page so one of our technicians can assist.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

• I also have SonicWall Global VPN on this machine.

On my Windows 10 machine, I also had both VPNs on it.

• I have same issue. Please help

• james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @KenWong
    Without any logs from your system, it's difficult to determine if you're running into the same issue, or something similar. If you don't wish to share your sslvpn logs here, I'd suggest opening a support case so that one of our support reps can assist you.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.