Options

Any way to disable interface after subscription for Network Discovery expires

I have an older M370 that the subscription services have expired on, and it used to have Network Discovery configured on all the interfaces.
Now I'd like to recycle it to a simple VPN box to a VIP employee's house, but cannot get the network interfaces to flip to disabled, I just get and error:
"Interface ETH6 is specified in the network scanning settings."
I assume this is because Network Discovery was enabled on all the interfaces and I did not disable before the subscription expired.
Is this something that can be done with the System Management software as opposed to the Firebox web UI?
Thanks

Answers

• Options
    james.carsonjames.carson Moderator, WatchGuard Representative

Hi @lcameron
    The setting will probably be grayed out in policy manager too. It should flip itself off if the license expires.

If you're moving the box, I'd suggest just factory resetting the device -- that will remove any settings on it, and allow you to configure it anew for that user.

See Reset a Firebox here:
    https://www.watchguard.com/help/docs/help-center/en-US/Content/en-US/Fireware/backup_upgrade_recovery/recovery_procedures_c.html

If it's easier to just edit the current config in your situation, if you create a case using the support center link (top right of this page) and create a customer care case, ask for a temporary key and include the serial number for that appliance. Just copy/paste the description above into the case and they should be able to issue you a key so you can turn that feature off.

-James Carson
    WatchGuard Customer Support

Sign In to comment.